Design research is an active academic field covering disciplines such as architecture, graphic, product, service, interaction, and systems design. Design research aims to understand not only the designed end products but also how design as an activity unfolds. The book demonstrates different approaches to design research in game design research.
Table Of Contents
- Petri Lankoski and Jussi Holopainen: Game design research: An overview
- Laureline Chiapello: Epistemological underpinnings of game design research
- Annakaisa Kultima: Multidisciplinary game design research: Ontologies and other remarks
- Christopher W. Totten: De-coding games through historical research in art and design
- Joris Dormans and Jussi Holopainen: Investigating game design methods and models
- Paul Coulton and Alan Hook: Games design research through game design practice
- Emmanuel Guardiola and Stéphane Natkin: Game design mise-en-scène practice: Intention and means in JEU SERAI
- Niels Quinten et al.: Gaps of uncertainty: A case for experimentation in serious game design frameworks
- Annika Waern and Jon Back: Experimental game design
- Alyea Sandovar: Going indie: Methods for understanding indie production
- Jess Marcotte and Rilla Khaled: Critical practices in game design
Lankoski, Petri; Holopainen, Jussi (Hg.): Game Design Research. Pittsburgh, PA: ETC Press 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1184/R1/6686750.v1.