Paradoxes of Interactivity. Perspectives for Media Theory, Human-Computer Interaction, and Artistic Investigations
I. Rethinking Interactivity
- Sybille Krämer: Does the Body Disappear? A Comment on Computer Generated Spaces
- Ludwig Jäger, Jin Hyun Kim: Transparency and Opacity. Interface Technology of Mediation in New Media Art
- Werner Rammert: Where the Action is. Distributed Agency between Humans, Machines, and Programs
- Frieder Nake: Surface, Interface, Subface. Three Cases of Interaction and One Concept
- Rudolf Kaehr: Double Cross Playing Diamonds. Understanding Interactivity in/between Bigraphs and Diamonds
II. Interplay between Art, Science, and Technology
- Hans H. Diebner: Where Art and Science Meet (or Where They Work at Cross-Purposes)
- Christoph Lischka: Time, Magma, Continuity. Some Remarks on In-Formation and the Fabrication of “Poiesis”
- Julian Rohrhuber: Implications of Unfolding
- Georg Trogemann et al.: UNORT-KATASTER. An Urban Experiment Towards Participatory Media Development
- Antonio Camurri et al.: Modelling and Analysing Expressive Gesture in Multimodal Systems
III. Interactive Media Performances: Past, Present, and Future
- Martina Leeker: Interaction Computer Dance. The Resonance Paradigm 1900/2000
- Monika Fleischmann, Wolfgang Strauss: Staging of the Thinking Space. From Immersion to Performative Presence
- Jin Hyun Kim: From Interactive Live Electronic Music to New Media Art
- Gil Weinberg: Extending the Musical Experience. From the Physical to the Digital and Back
- Suguru Goto: Virtual Musical Instruments and Robot Music Performances
Seifert, Uwe; Kim, Jin Hyun; Moore, Anthony (Hg.): Paradoxes of Interactivity. Perspectives for Media Theory, Human-Computer Interaction, and Artistic Investigations. Bielefeld: transcript 2008. DOI: https://doi.org/10.25969/mediarep/1804.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
Bolouri, Maryam (2019)Media are playing significant roles in the context of the contemporary world. They are deeply interwoven with many aspects of life. The relationships between contemporary media and societies and cultures are complex. ...
Syvertsen, Trine (2017)New media divide opinion: Many are fascinated while others are disgusted. This book is about those who dislike, protest, and try to abstain from media, both new and old. It explains why media resistance persists and answers ...
Wodianka, Bettina (2018)Künstlerisch-spielerische und medienreflexiv-operierende Interventionen im Radiophonen sind so alt wie das Radio selbst. Die in diesem Buch besprochenen Hörstücke der Radiogeschichte sind von einer intensiven Auseinandersetzung ...