Digital Environments. Ethnographic Perspectives across Global Online and Offline Spaces
- Sarah Pink: Foreword, 9-12
- Urte Undine Frömming, Steffen Köhn, Samantha Fox u.a.: Digital Environments and the Future of Ethnography. An Introduction, 13-22
- Jóhanna Björk Sveinbjörnsdóttir: A Comment on East Greenland Online. Media Commenting Systems as Spaces for Public Debate, 25-38
- Brigitte Borm: Welcome Home. An Ethnography on the Experiences of Airbnb Hosts in Commodifying Their Homes, 39-52
- Riumalló Grüzmacher, Juan Francisco: How has the Internet Determined the Identity of Chilean Gay Men in the Last Twenty Years?, 53-65
- Xiaojing Ji: Red Packets in the Real and Virtual Worlds. How Multi-Function WeChat Influences Chinese Virtual Relationships, 67-76
- Jie Liang Lin: Antifeminism Online. MGTOW (Men Going Their Own Way), 77-96
- Jonas Blume: Exploring the Potentials and Challenges of Virtual Distribution of Contemporary Art, 97-115
- Olivier Llouquet: Blind and Online. An Ethnographic Perspective on Everyday Participation Within Blind and Visually Impaired Online Communities, 117-126
- Ellen Lapper: How Has Social Media Changed the Way We Grieve?, 127-141
- Dario Bosio: Watch Me, I’m Live. Periscope and the “New-Individualistic” Need for Attention, 143-155
- Gretchen Faust: Hair, Blood and the Nipple. Instagram Censorship and the Female Body, 159-170
- Teresa Tiburcio Jiménez: Berlin. Wie bitte? An Exploration of the Construction of Online Platforms for the Mutual Support of Young Spanish Immigrants, 171-193
- Suzanne Beukes: An Exploration of the Role of Twitter in the Discourse Around Race in South Africa, 195-210
- Sara Wiederkehr González: Migration, Political Art and Digitalization, 211-226
- Veera Helena Pitkänen: “You’re Not Left Thinking That You’re The Only Gay in the Village”, 227-238
- Domb Sadof, Karly: Finding a Visual Voice. The #Euromaidan Impact on Ukrainian Instagram Users, 239-250
- Joanna Sleigh: Google A Religion. Expanding Notions of Religion Online, 251-262
Frömming, Urte Undine; Köhn, Steffen; Fox, Samantha u.a. (Hg.): Digital Environments. Ethnographic Perspectives across Global Online and Offline Spaces. Bielefeld: transcript 2017. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.25969/mediarep/2821.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
Bolouri, Maryam (2019)Media are playing significant roles in the context of the contemporary world. They are deeply interwoven with many aspects of life. The relationships between contemporary media and societies and cultures are complex. ...
Paradoxes of Interactivity. Perspectives for Media Theory, Human-Computer Interaction, and Artistic Investigations Seifert, Uwe; Kim, Jin Hyun; Moore, Anthony (2008)Current findings from anthropology, genetics, prehistory, cognitive and neuroscience indicate that human nature is grounded in a co-evolution of tool use, symbolic communication, social interaction and cultural transmission. ...
Syvertsen, Trine (2017)