Digital Objects, Digital Subjects: Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Capitalism, Labour and Politics in the Age of Big Data
- Christian Fuchs and David Chandler: Introduction: Big Data Capitalism – Politics, Activism, and Theory
Section I: Digital Capitalism and Big Data Capitalism
- David Chandler: Digital Governance in the Anthropocene: The Rise of the Correlational Machine
- Christian Fuchs: Beyond Big Data Capitalism, Towards Dialectical Digital Modernity: Reflections on David Chandler’s Chapter
- Christian Fuchs: Karl Marx in the Age of Big Data Capitalism
- David Chandler: What is at Stake in the Critique of Big Data? Reflections on Christian Fuchs’s Chapter
- Paul Rekret: Seeing Like a Cyborg? The Innocence of Posthuman Knowledge
- Robert Cowley: Posthumanism as a Spectrum: Reflections on Paul Rekret’s Chapter
Section II: Digital Labour
- Kylie Jarrett: Through the Reproductive Lens: Labour and Struggle at the Intersection of Culture and Economy
- Joanna Boehnert: Contradictions in the Twitter Social Factory: Reflections on Kylie Jarrett’s Chapter
- Phoebe V. Moore: E(a)ffective Precarity, Control and Resistance in the Digitalised Workplace
- Elisabetta Brighi: Beyond Repression: Reflections on Phoebe Moore’s Chapter
- Jack Linchuan Qiu: Goodbye iSlave: Making Alternative Subjects Through Digital Objects
- Peter Goodwin: Wage-Workers, Not Slaves: Reflections on Jack Qiu’s Chapter
Section III: Digital Politics
- Jodi Dean: Critique or Collectivity? Communicative Capitalism and the Subject of Politics
- Paulina Tambakaki: Subjects, Contexts and Modes of Critique: Reflections on Jodi Dean’s Chapter
- Paolo Gerbaudo: The Platform Party: The Transformation of Political Organisation in the Era of Big Data
- Anastasia Kavada: The Movement Party – Winning Elections and Transforming Democracy in a Digital Era: Reflections on Paolo Gerbaudo’s Chapter
- Antonio Negri: The Appropriation of Fixed Capital: A Metaphor?
- Christian Fuchs: Appropriation of Digital Machines and Appropriation of Fixed Capital as the Real Appropriation of Social Being: Reflections on Toni Negri’s Chapter
Chandler, Dave; Fuchs, Christian (Hg.): Digital Objects, Digital Subjects: Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Capitalism, Labour and Politics in the Age of Big Data. London: University of Westminster Press 2019. DOI: https://doi.org/10.25969/mediarep/3684.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
Altenried, Moritz; Bojadzijev, Manuela (2017)
Frömming, Urte Undine; Köhn, Steffen; Fox, Samantha; Terry, Mike (2017)Digital technology permeates the physical world. Social media and virtual reality, accessed via internet capable devices – computers, smartphones, tablets and wearables – affect nearly all aspects of social life. The ...
Gorp, Jasmijn van; Kiewik, Rosita (2018-05-16)This article discusses the pedagogy and outcome of a new assignment we introduced in the course ‘Television History Online’ at Utrecht University. We assigned the students the task to build a canon of a genre of Dutch ...