Digital Objects, Digital Subjects: Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Capitalism, Labour and Politics in the Age of Big Data
- Christian Fuchs and David Chandler: Introduction: Big Data Capitalism – Politics, Activism, and Theory
Section I: Digital Capitalism and Big Data Capitalism
- David Chandler: Digital Governance in the Anthropocene: The Rise of the Correlational Machine
- Christian Fuchs: Beyond Big Data Capitalism, Towards Dialectical Digital Modernity: Reflections on David Chandler’s Chapter
- Christian Fuchs: Karl Marx in the Age of Big Data Capitalism
- David Chandler: What is at Stake in the Critique of Big Data? Reflections on Christian Fuchs’s Chapter
- Paul Rekret: Seeing Like a Cyborg? The Innocence of Posthuman Knowledge
- Robert Cowley: Posthumanism as a Spectrum: Reflections on Paul Rekret’s Chapter
Section II: Digital Labour
- Kylie Jarrett: Through the Reproductive Lens: Labour and Struggle at the Intersection of Culture and Economy
- Joanna Boehnert: Contradictions in the Twitter Social Factory: Reflections on Kylie Jarrett’s Chapter
- Phoebe V. Moore: E(a)ffective Precarity, Control and Resistance in the Digitalised Workplace
- Elisabetta Brighi: Beyond Repression: Reflections on Phoebe Moore’s Chapter
- Jack Linchuan Qiu: Goodbye iSlave: Making Alternative Subjects Through Digital Objects
- Peter Goodwin: Wage-Workers, Not Slaves: Reflections on Jack Qiu’s Chapter
Section III: Digital Politics
- Jodi Dean: Critique or Collectivity? Communicative Capitalism and the Subject of Politics
- Paulina Tambakaki: Subjects, Contexts and Modes of Critique: Reflections on Jodi Dean’s Chapter
- Paolo Gerbaudo: The Platform Party: The Transformation of Political Organisation in the Era of Big Data
- Anastasia Kavada: The Movement Party – Winning Elections and Transforming Democracy in a Digital Era: Reflections on Paolo Gerbaudo’s Chapter
- Antonio Negri: The Appropriation of Fixed Capital: A Metaphor?
- Christian Fuchs: Appropriation of Digital Machines and Appropriation of Fixed Capital as the Real Appropriation of Social Being: Reflections on Toni Negri’s Chapter
Chandler, Dave; Fuchs, Christian (Hg.): Digital Objects, Digital Subjects: Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Capitalism, Labour and Politics in the Age of Big Data. London: University of Westminster Press 2019. DOI: https://doi.org/10.25969/mediarep/3684.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
Frömming, Urte Undine; Köhn, Steffen; Fox, Samantha; Terry, Mike (2017)Digital technology permeates the physical world. Social media and virtual reality, accessed via internet capable devices – computers, smartphones, tablets and wearables – affect nearly all aspects of social life. The ...
Altenried, Moritz; Bojadzijev, Manuela (2017)
Walkowski, Niels-Oliver (2019)In the wake of the so-called digital revolution numerous attempts have been made to rethink and redesign what scholarly publications can or should be. Beyond the Flow examines the technologies as well as narratives driving ...